Next auditions will be held on Saturday August 27th, 11:00am-3:00pm and Sunday August 28th, 6:00-9:00pm
Saturday August 27th, 11:00am-3:00pm
Sunday August 28th, 6:00-9:00pm
1616 Del Paso Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95815
Please sign up using the link in our Bio or at https://forms.gle/gYsp7TboCxRj1Qv46
Please email email@example.com with any questions
Life Sucks by Aaron Posner
Directed by Adrienne Sher
Show runs: November 18- December 17th; Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays @ 8pm
Sunday, December 11th @ 2pm
Rehearsals begin October 2nd
Tech week is November 13-17th
In this brash reworking of Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya, a group of old friends, ex-lovers, estranged in-laws, and lifelong enemies gather to grapple with life’s thorniest questions—and each other. What could possibly go wrong? Incurably lustful and lonely, hapless and hopeful, these seven souls collide and stumble their way towards a new understanding that LIFE SUCKS! Or does it?
● Vanya- M, 40’s-50’s. A ruminator. A kvetch. A smart, sweet, passionate, insightful, wound-tight failure.
● Sonia- F, 20’s. Kind, caring, and quirky. Serious self-esteem issues. Not comfortable in her body.
● Ella- F, 30’s. Searching, frustrated,hopeful, and sad. Very attractive and rampantlydesirable.
● Babs- F, 50’s-60’s. Vibrant, artistic, outspoken, and even enlightened. A great soul and scrappy wit.
● The Professor- M, 50’s-60’s. Big mind, big ego, big vocabulary, small-ish soul. Selfish. Well-meaning.
● Dr. Aster- M, 50’s. Broken, beautiful, dissatisfied, savvy, and sad. He cares deeply and oddly.
● Pickles- F, 40’s. An odd, sweet, loyal duck. Very Literal. A relentlessly positive utopian lesbian.
Until further notice, we require all actors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and to wear masks during auditions and rehearsals.